Do you have an iPod and find the volume too low? If you are a fan of listening to blaring rock music on your headphones, then you must be a bit hassled with the volume limit lock on your iPod. Especially if you have forgotten the PIN to unlock it. Well, you do not need a PIN to unlock your iPod’s volume limit. There are ways to get around it. Read on to know how you can unlock iPod volume limit without having to reset the iPad.
Steps to Unlock iPod Volume Limit on Any OS
- Just connect the iPod to the Mac.
- Open the iTunes app.
- Now, you need to select the entire content. To select all of the music, press Control and A keys together if you are using a Windows PC. If using Mac, then hit the Apple and A key combination.
- Click right. In the menu that appears, select Get Info from the list of options.
- Now, an iTunes pop up box will appear. The confirmation box will ask you if you are sure that you wish to edit information for several items. Click on the Edit items button.
- Now, go to the screen and click on the Options button.
- Go to Volume Adjustment and move the cursor and set the bar to 100 percent.
- Click on the OK button.
Steps to Unlock iPod Volume Limit via Hidden Files on Mac
- Firstly, you need to turn on hidden folders.
- Run the appropriate commands in the Terminal.
- Go to the Finder app, and you will be able to see all the hidden files.
- In Finder, locate iPod Control. Click on the hidden folder.
- In the iPod Control folder, click on the sub-folder named Device.
- Now, click on the file titled “volumelocked.”
- Move the file to Trash.
- Simply disconnect the iPod.
- Press the center and menu button at the same time and keep holding until the device restarts.
- When the iPod restarts, you need to check if its volume is unlocked or not.
- Head over to settings and click on Volume Limit. If you are prompted to enter a PIN, then you need to re-apply the steps.
Steps to Unlock iPod Volume Limit via Hidden Folders on Windows PC
- Open Windows Explorer and click on the Tools tab.
- Click on Folder options and then go to View.
- Below Hidden Files and Folder, select Show Hidden Files and Folders option.
- Go to My Computer.
- After that open iPod Control folder.
- Locate and click on the folder named Device.
- Now, just find the volumelocked file and remove it from the iPod.
- Disconnect the iPod.
- Restart the iPod device.
- Now, just check if you are prompted to enter a PIN when you open Volume Limit located in Settings.
Steps to Unlock iPod Volume Limit on Linux
- Connect the iPod to the device running Linux.
- After that, open the iPod and hit the Alt key.
- Now, you will be able to see the hidden folders and files.
- Locate the volumelocked file.
- Just remove it from the system.
- Disconnect the iPod.
- Turn it off and then turn it back on.
- When the iPod restarts, check if the method worked or not by going to Settings and clicking on Volume Limit.