Google Chrome is undoubtedly a web browser developed with new ideas and strategies. The developer of this internet software is making it more compatible, useful, and especially time efficient. The browser comes with unique abilities, and the ability to sync with other device is one these. By synchronizing, means the ability to remember the bookmarks, preferences, passwords, etc.
The feature to sync the Chrome makes the software more convenient and useful. But unfortunately, Chrome doesn’t make these features in use by default as the developer leaves the user the functions by choice. To make the features functional able, you need to go to the settings of the internet software and enable the feature to sync with your devices.
The steps are easy to sync Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- From the top right corner, click the dots to open the menu.
- Click Settings from the menu.
- In Settings, go to the People
- Sign into
- Now click sync as the username.
- In the following dialog box, click OK, GOT IT.
- Select Sync and choose the data you want to sync.
- Click Sync everything and select the items you want to synchronize.
- Below the list of items, go to Encryption options.
- Select Encrypt synced data with your own sync passphrase.
- Type a strong passphrase twice and click SAVE.
The passphrase is required to sync.
The steps to Sync Chrome across other devices.
- In the mobile phone, open Chrome.
- Tap the buttons from the corner to open Settings.
- Sign in to Chrome. Chrome will display the list of all the accounts logged into it previously.
- Select an account and tap Continue.
- If the account differs from the previous one, then Chrome will display two options.
- Tap Keep my data separate if you don’t want to combine the data of both the accounts.
- If you want to combine the data of both accounts, then select Combine my data.
- Tap Continue.
- Now, tap OK, GOT IT.
- You will the need the passphrase if you added it to your account.
- On the Settings, you will see Passphrase required. Tap on it.
- Go to Sync and tap on it to open.
- In Sync, a message in red is saying Sync isn’t working.
- Now enter the passphrase and tap Submit.
- Now, tap Sync.
With both the processes, you can completely synchronize Chrome to devices. Whenever you open the web browser with the same accounts, Chrome will sync your data automatically, and you don’t have to waste your time searching items again on the new devices.