The Files app lets the user organize theirs documents and other important things like keynote, numbers, all in just one place. It has become one of the most used features as it provides the ability to sort out the files and folders. It consequently makes it easier to find documents and stuff that helps the user become organized. The ability to sort the files and folders in Files app is not available initially, but on the bright side, a little workaround will help you use the Files app. The process is almost similar in iPhone and iPad; hence don’t bother if you have either of these two devices. There might be slight differences between the two devices, the processes are separately mentioned below. To learn how to use the Files app and organize the folders in it, follow the steps discussed further.
Here, how to organize Files in iOS device
Organizing the folders and files in iPad
- Launch Files
- Tap Browse from the bottom of the tab.
- Tap a file which you want to organize.
- Swipe the file in the middle of the screen.
- Select Sorted by Name.
- Tap Sorting option and prefer how you would like to organize-
- When you sort the files and folders, it will immediately change according to the settings.
Organizing the folders and files in iPhone
The method is similar to that of iPad, but there are slight differences. Let’s check out the process of organization in iPhone.
- Open Files app in your iPhone.
- Select any folder and drag it in the middle of the screen
- Same as iPad, select a sorting method with Name, Date, Size or Tags.
Well, there are some other things as well, that might help you out while using the Files app in your iOS device.
How to create folders and add tags
- Launch the Files app and tap Browse.
- Again, select a folder you want to browse.
- Swipe the selected folder in the middle of the screen and tap add folder
- Add folder button is present at the upper left of the screen.
- Name the folder and tap Done.
- To add tags, tap on a folder.
- Press and hold a document for a while and release.
- A black menu will appear.
- Tap the right arrow twice in the menu.
- Tap Tags to create a new tag.
Files app is not complicated to use. It is helpful as it makes the folders and files accessible. You can now organize the folders accordingly and add tags as many as you want.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup .