Sometimes small changes can bring a huge difference in the system resulting in dysfunction of the system. Google Play Services face the same issue when you make changes in your handset, and it displays a message “Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped.” The error message must be frustrating for you because it disables you to download anything from the Google Play Store service. There are methods through which you can attempt to troubleshoot the error message to fix the problem.
There are various reasons like changed settings in your device, weak internet connection, the Google Play Services app is out of date can create the problem or a lost file could bring the error. Whatever the reason may be, you could possibly be thinking to factory reset your phone after attempting to fix the error for multiple times. Hold your horses and follow the guide to find a fix for Google Play Services error. You will not know the exact reason for the error, but the methods will bring positive results.
Here is the fix for Google Play Services is not working error
Sometimes, when a problem is unknown, clearing the cache memory of an application is worth trying to troubleshoot the error occurring.
- Launch Settings of your phone.
- Now, open the Applications Manager menu in the Applications section.
- Tap the All tab.
- Now, scroll down to Google Play Services and tap on it.
- Now, tap on Clear Cache.
- You will see the cache is emptied.
- Close Settings app and restart your device.
- Once the phone restarts again, try launching Google Play Services again.
- The method should work, but if it doesn’t then jump to the next one.
Adding Google account again
If the error persists, you must try adding your Google Account once again. In other words, it is an approach to reset the Google account details to fix the error.
- Open Settings and go to Accounts.
- In the section, you will see all your accounts on the phone.
- Select your Google Account and tap the email address.
- Your account is removed from the list.
- You can delete from the phone by tapping the vertical dots from the top right corner.
- Now, select Remove account from the list.
- Again, go to the Accounts section in the Settings app.
- Tap Add Account and select Google Account.
- Now enter your email address and password.
- Follow the instructions, if appearing.
- Now, try to open Google Play Services.
Reset App Preferences
Resetting the app preferences is another method to troubleshoot the error message.
- Open Google Play Services in the Settings of your phone.
- Now, go to the More option at the right corner of the screen.
- Tap to open it and proceed to Reset Application Preferences.
Update Google Play Services
If the app the outdated, it will no longer work properly. In that situation, you must try updating the app. The new updates will come with patches capable of fixing the error.
Reset your Device
If nothing works, then a factory reset will definitely work. It will reinstall the factory settings and files consequently replacing the error correctly. Since resetting the phone will erase all the data from your phone, you must back up the data before performing the task so that you can restore it later.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding www.mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.