One of the most annoying things faced by users while typing is unintentionally hitting the wrong key. One such key that users often accidentally press is the Caps Lock key. The Caps Lock key is used for shifting to uppercase letters, but at times users turn this key on without realizing and all of their text gets written in capital letters. In the digital world, capitalizing each letter denotes that the user is angry and several people on social media find it offensive and rude. Well, you can disable this key on your keyboard. Here are some ways for disabling the Caps Lock key in Windows.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click on Run.
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, visit the following: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
- Go to the right-hand segment of the window and right-click.
- Click on New and select Binary Value from the pop-out menu.
- Give the new entry the title of Scancode Map.
- Now, in the Value Data field, type in the following: 00000000000000000200000000003A0000000000.
- After that, click on the File tab.
- Select Exit from the pull-down menu.
- Restart the computer.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Run.
- In the Run dialog, key in regedit and hit the Enter key.
- After that, head over to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
- Right-click on the right portion of the display.
- Click on New and select Binary Value option.
- Enter Scancode Map as the value’s name.
- In the Binary Value box, enter this data: 000000000000000003000000000052E000003A0000000000
- Now, go to the File drop-down.
- Select the option for exiting.
- Finally, restart the PC.
If you are really done with the Caps Lock key, then you can try to remove the key from the keyboard itself. You can replace the Caps Lock key with any other key as well.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding www.mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.