Microsoft OneNote is one of the apps of Microsoft that permits you to create notebooks in which you can organize, store and look for resources and notes. It functions as an electronic version of a paper notebook. You can store photos, audios, handwriting, notes, and similar content.
iOS OneNote doesn’t have a lot of settings that can be changed. You can access Microsoft OneNote on your iOS devices to keep in sync with notebooks that have been created by you on your Mac or System even with the use of cloud-based accounts. Click on the settings button at the top of the home screen to see the settings window.
View In-App Settings for iOS
- Sync Now– Click this to instantly sync all the notes that have been set for syncing itself.
- Upgrade- OneNote for iOS permits you to have till 500 notes with full features. If you want more features, then you need to pay for upgrading the app.
- Notebook Settings-Click on it to select which notebooks to sync automatically and choosing what appears on OneNote app home screen.
- Sign Out– To sign out of OneNote, Click this item.
- Image Size– Determine the size of the images you add to notes with the use of this item.
- Help and Support– It will take you to Window that gives a link for helping documentation.
- Terms of Service– Click this item to get familiar with OneNote’s terms of service.
- Privacy– Click here to know about OneNote’s privacy documentation.
- Version– This setting is not meant to be changed.
How to view Other Settings in iOS
There are some Settings that can’t be accessed through the app. To access them-
- Click the Settings icon of your Smartphone’s Home screen.
- Click OneNote Icon in the left.
- You will see OneNote Settings.
- Sync on the Wi-Fi only if you have a certain amount of data to work.
- You may like to switch it to On so that you do not go over your data limits.
- If you have different errors that don’t fix themselves by restarting, then switch to On and restart OneNote.
How to manage Note Syncing For iOS (iPhone or iPad)
- Launch OneNote App.
- At the upper left corner of the screen, Click < icon.
- Next, to the account name and the email address, Click gear icon.
- Click the account name under Account on the Settings screen.
- Again click the account name and Select Remove Account.
- Agree to the information that is visible for ensuring signing out.
- Double-click home button of your gadget.
- To close the app, swipe up on it.
- Launch OneNote and sign into your account.
- You cannot force syncing a notebook for iOS devices.
Sync OneNote notebooks on your Mac with your iOS devices. (Same One Drive account)
Do the following for opening additional notebooks on the same OneDrive account-
- Go to the Microsoft OneNote on your iOS devices.
- Click More Notebooks at the bottom of notebook list.
- Click on any additional notebook that you wish to open.
- Go to its sections or pages.
These steps can be used to open notebooks on your iOS devices that have been created with OneNote for the Windows. To arrange notebooks on your device you need to upgrade your Windows PC to OneNote 2016.
Open Mac or PC notebooks. (Different OneDrive accounts)
- Add your Mac or PC’s Onedrive account to your iOS device.
- In Microsoft OneNote on your iOS device.
- Go to the upper left corner and tap the icon of a gear.
- Under the Account, in the Settings menu.
- Click selected account.
- Sign in if you are currently signed out.
- Click + Add a service under Connected service.
- Click OneDrive under Connect a cloud service.
- Type in the email address of OneDrive account that you used for OneNote notebooks on Mac.
- Click Next now.
- On next screen, Type password of OneDrive accounts that you use for OneNote notebooks on your system.
- Click Sign in.
- You can now open the notebooks on it.
Opening notebooks from your Mac or PC on your iOS devices
- Launch Microsoft OneNote on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click More Notebooks at the bottom of notebooks list.
- Click any additional notebooks that you want to open.
- Access its sections or the pages.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding www.mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.