Are you receiving unnecessary emails or unwanted advertising emails from someone or someone is continuously sending you harassing or annoying emails, and you want to stop getting such emails? Well, you can easily prevent this by doing block to that email address. Blocking will stop receiving any future messages from the blocked email address.
If you also wish to block an email address from your Yahoo mail account or Microsoft outlook account, then follow the below guide to easily done blocking in a few minutes.
How to block an Email address from Yahoo Mail
- Open a ‘Web browser.’
- Go to http://mail.yahoo.com/ through the browser to open your Yahoo mail account.
- Enter your ‘Yahoo’s email address and password’ to login into your Yahoo email inbox. If you’ve previously logged in, then you’re already on Yahoo email inbox.
- Click on ‘Settings’ icon at the upper-right side of the inbox Window. Clicking on this will open a drop-down menu.
- Click ‘More Settings’ at the bottom of the dropdown menu to open the settings page.
- Click ‘Security and Privacy’ at the left side panel of the settings page.
- Click on ‘+ Add’ button next to the Blocked addresses heading. It is in the middle of the Settings and privacy page.
- Enter an email address into the box below to Address heading at the top.
- Click on ‘Save’ blue button.
Now the entered email address will be added into the blocked addresses of Your Yahoo account and the future messages from that address you will no longer receive.
How to block an Email address from Microsoft Outlook
Outlook is also known by the Hotmail and Live accounts.
- Open a ‘Web Browser.’
- Go to http://www.outlook.com/ from the browser to open your Microsoft Outlook account.
- Click on ‘Sign in.’
- Enter your account’s email address and password to sign in to your account. If you’re already logged in, then you don’t need to follow the sign in steps.
- Now, click the ‘Settings’ icon at the upper-right corner of the Outlook Window. Clicking the gear-shaped (settings) icon will open a drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘View full settings’ or ‘Options’ at the bottom of the dropdown menu to open the Settings window.
- Click the ‘Mail’ tab. It is on the left side section on the screen.
- Click on ‘Junk email’ at the middle of the settings column.
- Click on the text box under the ‘Blocked Senders’ section.
- Enter an email address that you want to block.
- Click the ‘+’ (add sign) button. A blue color button at the right of the text box. This will add the entered email address into the block list.
- Now, click the ‘Save’ button at the upper-right side of the screen.
Doing this will save your changes and block the email address. It will also prevent future emails from the blocked users from reaching your Microsoft Outlook inbox.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.