Is your Chromebook showing charging issues? Whenever the Chromebook faces the charging issues, you wonder what to do. But there is a way to fix the issues. It will require the technical skills, so you have to be cautious while performing the troubleshoot. Once you are done with the process, you can charge the device again. In most of the cases, Chromebook doesn’t charge beyond 1% battery and hence creates the frustrating atmosphere.
Before proceeding to the troubleshoot, you must know the reason for the charging issues. Generally, the Chromebook doesn’t remember the connection between the motherboard and the battery, hence it requires a technical hand. But, the problem could vary depending upon the model of the device, yet there is a universal solution to get the problem fixed. So let’s begin with the method and fix charging issues in your Chromebook.
Here is how to fix charging issues in Chromebook
Power Off the Device
- Remove the power cord or outlet from your Chromebook.
- Remove all the devices and wires attached to the system.
- Turn off the system completely and proceed to the next step.
- Now, put your device upside down.
Use your Mechanical Skills
- It will require a little mechanical skill, so need to be cautious while applying the solution.
- Use the screwdriver and remove all the screws.
- Put aside the screws and the screwdriver as well safely so that you find them later.
- The panel must be attached securely with the clips which you can remove with a gentle force.
- Use your fingers only and take out the panel from Chromebook.
- You must be seeing a lot of things which are new to you. It might be intimidating to you but don’t be afraid as the steps are simple.
Remove the Wires Carefully
- There are some wires colored differently. You will need to unplug the wires.
- All the wires are combining to a brick-like material called Connector placed somewhere around the motherboard of your device.
- Move to the motherboard and remove the white connector out of it.
- Remember, you have to take out the connector with wires instead of taking out wires individually.
Charge the Device with Power Cord
- Plug in the power cord to the Chromebook and the power outlet.
- Keep the panel open and remain the wires removed.
- Switch on the power outlet and charge your Chromebook.
- You must not turn on the device at this moment.
- Don’t touch anything in the device and wait for one minute.
- The LED light must change the color now. It depends upon the model and different company, but most of the Chromebook has the same color.
- Once you see the LED color, unplug the power cord from the system.
Close the Panel
- Pick the Connector gently and plug it into the motherboard.
- Give Connector a gentle push to place it accurately into the socket.
- Now, place the panel and cover up the bottom of your Chromebook. It requires a little force to get snap into its original position.
- Drive screws back into the holes with a screwdriver.
Turn On the Device Again
- Attach the power cord and turn on the device.
- The device must display the charging status, and the LED light is also working according to it.
- Now, the device will get charged so give it time.
- Don’t unplug the power cord before it is completely charged.
Your Chromebook must be charged now with these little steps. You must be scared if you damage the device, but with the cautious attitude you have successfully fixed the charging issues of your Chromebook. Now you can resume your work and enjoy doing stuff on it.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding www.mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.