The Black Dot bug became famous across the world and started appearing in iPhone devices. The iPhone owners were tired of getting the bug again and again in their device. The bug appears only in the messaging applications whether it is inbuilt or a third-party application. Whenever you attempt to resolve the problem by deleting the messages, the app freezes and apparently leaves no solution at hand. The Black Dot Emoji is also known as the black dot of death which can’t be resolved and freezes the messaging app. But don’t worry, there are some methods through which you can remove the black dot bug from iPhone, so lets the methods best approaching to fix the issue.
How to remove the black dot bug from iPhone
Try Updating the Software
As the black dot issues are appearing in the iPhone, it might be indicating the requirement for newer or latest device software. Hence updating the device to the newer software might help you out with resolving the black dot issue in your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app of your iPhone.
- Go to the General section.
- Tap the Software Update button.
- The device will automatically download the updates when available.
- When the updating process is complete, the iPhone will not face the black dot issue.
Deleting the Black Dot Messages
While deleting these black dot messages, the messaging service app becomes unresponsive, and hence there is some workaround to remove the Black Dot messages.
- Force Quit the App
- Open the Quick Action and tap on the messaging application having the black dot bug.
- Open the message with 3D touch.
- Now delete the Black Dot bug from iPhone.
- Deleting Messages from another Device
The iOS device allows the users to save messages on iCloud and open it in other devices using the cloud service. The other devices must be synced with the same version of the operating system.
- Open the Messages on iCloud in a synced device.
- Find the Black Dot bug messages and proceed to delete.
- Deleting Messages using Siri
- Siri is another option that you can follow to fix the issue.
- Force close the messaging app.
- Use Siri and send a message to the person sent you the Black dot message.
- Open the Messages again and try deleting the black dot bug message.
- Deleting the Messages using 3D Touch
- The 3D Touch allows users to enter the most recent thread messages.
- Force close the Messages app.
- Now enable 3D Touch and enter the message thread without black dot bug.
- Go to the main page of the messaging app and delete the black dot bug conversation.
Reset the iPhone
If no solution is working to fix the problem, then resetting the phone will work to fix the issue. You may lose the data after the reset, hence you must create a backup of the data before proceeding to reset. When you have created the backup of the data stored in the iPhone, you are ready to reset the iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General and tap the Reset button.
- Select the Reset All Settings option.
- When prompted, enter the passcode.
- Again, tap the Reset All Settings button.
The developer of iOS, Apple has fixed the Black Dot Bug issues in the latest versions of iOS. But while using the previous versions of iOS, you can use the methods to resolve the problem. The methods will fix the Black Dot Bug issues in iPhone.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup .