Whether reading a document or creating one on any of the Apple products like Mac, iPhone or iPad, we may need to check the word count of the document to keep it short and succinct. Unlike Microsoft Word, the document opened in Mac doesn’t show any word count at the bottom. It doesn’t mean that the word count is removed from the format in Apple device.
The Word Count is disabled by default, and hence it needs to be activated to keep an eye on the word limit. The procedure to enable and display the count on Mac, iPhone and iPad may differ with slight differences, but the word count pop-up box is easy not to activate. So here is the guide to help you out with enabling and showing the word count on Mac, iPhone, and iPad as well.
Here is how to show word count on Mac and iOS device
Showing Word Count on Mac
- Open a file document on your Mac.
- Click the View tab from the upper toolbar.
- Select Show Word Count option from the menu opened.
- Look at the bottom of the screen. You will see the word count of the document.
- For information, click the arrow and a box will pop up.
- In the box, you can view the information about the number of paragraphs, pages characters with and without space.
- When you have gathered the knowledge about word count of the document, you can hide the word count box. Click View and then select Hide Word Count from the menu appeared.
Showing Word Count on iPhone
- Open the document in your iPhone.
- Go to the top right corner of the screen and tap on the three-dot icon.
- It will feature a panel with a lot of options.
- Navigate to Word Count and tap the toggle button to turn on.
- Tap Done and go to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the word count and check out the other information in the same way you checked in Mac system.
Showing Word Count on iPad
- Open the document you want to check the word count on your iPad.
- Now, go to the top left of the screen.
- Tap the View Options button.
- Now, tap the toggle button and activate the Word Count.
- Tap the document and close the View Options.
- Here also, go to the bottom of the screen and tap word count.
- Check all the details about pages, paragraphs and characters with and without space.
You must have noticed that the procedure to check or note the word count of a document in Mac, iPhone and iPad is almost similar with slight differences based upon the configuration and type of device. With these simple steps, you will be able to see the word length.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.