Apple rolled out a watchOS5 update for Apple Watches, and this update brought in an excellent new function that imitates the conventional walkie-talkies. With this application, users can connect with other people and indulge in press-to-transmit conversations from their wrists.
This application, named Walkie-Talkie, comes with watchOS 5. It is present in the home screen. The black and yellow icon of the app is pretty hard to miss. This app is available only to limited countries. Let’s check out the process to use this new and handy Walkie-Talkie app.
Getting started with Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
Firstly, you need to set up this new app in your Watch. You can communicate with only those who have Apple Watches.
- Turn the Digital Crown to view the apps.
- Choose Walkie-Talkie app.
- Go through the contacts.
- Select a contact who owns an Apple Watch (watchOS 5).
- After tapping on the name, the display will show “Connecting to contact.”
- In order to add more contacts to Walkie-Talkie, just press the plus icon in your contacts list.
How to send messages with Walkie-Talkie?
After setting up this new app, you can send messages to your friends. Follow the simple steps given below:
- Launch the Walkie-Talkie app on the Apple Watch.
- After that, choose any person from the contact list.
- Now, long press the yellow Talk option and just start speaking.
- Release the button when you are done talking.
How to set Walkie-Talkie status as available or unavailable?
This feature enables users to set their status as available or unavailable as and when they want. If you are in class, meeting, or anywhere where you do not want to be interrupted by Walkie-Talkie, then simply disable your availability. Here’s how:
- Go to the Walkie-Talkie application on your smartwatch.
- Keep scrolling upwards in the contacts list.
- Now, tap on the bar next to Available to turn it off or on. If it turns green, then the status is Available, if it is gray, then it is disabled.
How to delete a contact from the Walkie-Talkie app?
- Launch the app on your Watch.
- After that, select the contact you wish to remove and swipe towards the left.
- Now, touch the red colored cross icon for removing the selected contact.
How to manage Walkie-Talkie contacts from iPhone
For convenience, users can efficiently manage their Walkie-Talkie contacts from their iOS devices. Here’s how:
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Tap on the Watch app.
- Now, scroll down and select Walkie-Talkie.
- Choose any contact to view its details.
- Now, press the Edit button at the top right corner.
- Press the red minus button.
- Touch the Remove button for deleting the contact.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.