For a majority of English-speaking folks, twitch merely is a substitute of the word spasm. However, for video gamers, Twitch is the platform to showcase their talent. Twitch celebs or streamers are composed of a bunch of entertainers and pro-gamers who stream their gameplay for a broad audience.
If you want to watch your beloved game players show their gaming skills on Twitch, but you have to be at school or work and cannot watch their live stream, then here’s one solution! You can record Twitch streams on your PC and view them later. You simply need to download and install the Xbox app on your Windows desktop or laptop. Here is how you can record streams on Twitch:
- Firstly, go to the Windows search option. You can find it in the lower left corner of the screen, in the toolbar. You may also hit the Win +S shortcut combination keys.
- Enter the following text into the search bar: Xbox.
- From the list of search results, click on Xbox. Its icon is green in color with a white ball. The ball has a green cross.
- You may need to install Xbox application from the Microsoft store.
- When you click on Xbox, the app will launch.
- In the Sign in window, click on Sign in and enter the login credentials for your Microsoft account.
- Go back to the search bar and look for Twitch. Click on the Twitch app from the search results.
- When the app opens, enter your username and password to log in.
- Now, head on to the stream you wish to record. To find the stream, enter its title in the search bar located at the upper portion of the app. You may also go to the menu on the top left-hand side and find the stream.
- After opening the stream, click on the fullscreen option. It is available at the bottom of the screen, in the right-most corner.
- Now, hit the Windows + G key combination. This is the shortcut for Game Bar.
- Confirm that you would like to open Game Bar. Tick the box next to Yes, this is a game.
- Now, in the recording bar, click on the red button and the stream will start getting recorded.
- When you are done with recording, to turn it off, just click on the box next to the timer.
- You can access your recorded stream by going to Game DVR on the Xbox application.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.