iPhones have hundreds of inbuilt apps cluttered in the screen creating difficulty to find a particular app. To manage these cluttered apps, your iPhone is allowing you to create a folder to streamline all the pre-installed and manually installed applications. The facility will clear up space on the screen, and it will take lesser efforts to find a particular app.
Grouping the apps together will make it more convenient to use the device anywhere. By grouping, you can add the same kind of apps in a single folder. For example, for chatting and social media, the feature allows you to add apps like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc. in the same folder. Similarly, you can create other folders for games and other various apps. It reduces the efforts to search because you know which folder has the app you are looking for.
It is very easy to make folders and group the apps on the iPhone. All you need to do is follow the instructions and the steps mentioned below. Once you create the folder and group the apps, your iPhone will become easier to navigate.
How to create folder and group apps on iPhone?
- As you are going to create a folder, remember it requires at least two apps in it.
- Select the app and tap-hold it for a while.
- Now, drag the app on another app that you want to keep in the same folder.
- Now, release the finger off the app.
- You will notice that you just created a Folder.
- Follow the same steps.
- Just drag the apps on the folder and keep adding the apps which you want in that folder.
- To make another folder, again tap and hold app.
- Now, drag the app on another app and release. It will make a new folder.
- You can name the folder as well.
- Just tap the name and edit it.
- Now tap the Home Button to save your changes.
- To view the apps in the folder, tap on that folder.
- All the apps will emerge out on the screen.
How to remove the apps?
- Tap and hold the folder.
- Drag the apps out of the folder.
- Now, the apps will come out of the folder to Home screen.
- Press the Home Button.
How to delete the folder?
- This can be done only when the folder is emptied.
- Fir, remove all the apps from the folder.
- You will notice that once the apps are removed, the folder is disappeared automatically.
With different iOS, you might face slight differences in the procedure, but it is not complicated to create, group, remove and delete the folder on iPhone. Now, you can manage the cluttered apps by putting them in folders. Make sure you are adding a same kind of apps in a folder, and your iPhone will be more accessible for you.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.