Many a time, on social media, users may get followed by pesky neighbors or snoopy uncles. If you have garnered a few of those clingy followers who have to like and comment on your each and every Instagram activity, then you should try removing them from your follower list. Whatever the reason may be, here is how you can cut down on your Instagram following by eliminating followers:
You can cut down on your Instagram follower list by blocking users who follow you. If you block a profile, the individual will be able to access your likes and comments on the pictures of other people. They can also look up your profile, but they will be unable to access it. You can check who you have blocked, and unblock those you have blocked accidentally by going to Settings and tapping on Blocked Users.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, then navigate the Start or Home pages and locate the Instagram app.
- If you are using a Windows or Mac desktop or laptop, then open the web browser and visit Instagram.
- In your smartphone, tap on the Instagram app to launch it.
- Now, enter the email address and password associated with your Instagram account.
- If you are using a handheld device, then tap on the profile icon located in the lower right-hand edge of the screen.
- If you are using a laptop or desktop, then click on the profile icon located at the upper right-hand edge of the window.
- Now, wait for your Instagram profile to load.
- Tap on the Followers option located above the Edit profile.
- Now, the list of all those who are following you will display on the screen.
- Go through the list, and when you find somebody you need to remove from your follower list, you can block them.
- Just select the user you wish to remove from the follower list.
- Now, their user profile will open.
- Click or tap on the menu icon located at the upper right edge of the user profile.
- From the list of options that pop-up, select Block.
- Now, in the confirmation prompt, tap on the Block button.
Set Profile to Private
When you change your Instagram account from standard to private, it indicates that if any user wants to follow you, you will have to confirm their follow request. No user can follow you unless and until you approve it. Therefore, users can gain more control over their accounts and keep an eye on who is following them. However, when you change the account to Private, other users cannot see the comments you have made or the posts you have loved, until and unless the post is set to public. To set your account to private, you will have to get the mobile application.
- Launch the Instagram application on your phone or tab.
- Now, tap on the profile icon (outline of a human bust) located at the lower right area of the Instagram app.
- After that, you need to launch the settings menu. To do so, tap on the settings button(gear icon or three dots) located in the upper right-hand edge of the profile.
- Now, simply navigate to the Account section of the Settings screen.
- From the list of options shown below Account, tap on Private Account. This option will be mentioned at the end.
- Now, just toggle the switch beside Private account in on position.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.