Sims is a popular life simulation game. It was launched nearly two decades ago and has since then sold a whopping 200million copies. Gamers can make their families, construct their dream homes, start their career, and do all sorts of day-to-day tasks within the digital Sims world.
At times, users create more Sim characters than they can handle. Well, if you wish to remove certain Sims from the household, then you can do it by following the steps given in this blog.
Deleting a Sim from Sims 4
- Firstly, you need to launch the Menu. Hit the menu button located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, select the option called Manage World.
- Now, when prompted if you wish to save the game, hit the Yes or No button.
- After that, locate the house wherein the Sim you wish to delete currently resides.
- Tap on the chosen Sim’s house.
- In order to open more options, you need to click on the three dots icon located in the bottom righthand corner of the screen.
- Now, you need to tap on the new option which is at the bottom. This is called Manage Household. Tap on Manage Household button.
- In the resulting screen, hit the Edit option. It is located on the lower right side of the screen.
- Now, just choose the Sim character you wish to delete. Move the cursor of the mouse on the face of that Sim. This option is present in the bottom left edge of the screen.
- After placing the cursor on the Sim’s face profile, wait for a while for the delete option to show up.
- Now, hit the red X button.
- In the prompt titled Caution, tap on the tick button.
- The Sim will now get removed from your game.
How to throw a Sim character out of the household?
If you can no longer stand a Sim character, but do not want to delete it permanently, then you can just move it to a different household. Here’s how:
- Firstly, launch the menu by tapping on the three dots.
- Now, select Manage Household.
- Hit the Transfer option which is present in the bottom tray.
- Now, in the upper right side, locate Create New Household option and click on it.
- Select the Sim you wish to throw out.
- Now, hit the right icon wedged between the two panes to transfer the Sim to another household.
Removing a Sim from The Sims FreePlay
- Firstly, you need to scour your world and locate the Sim you wish to remove.
- Now, touch the Sim you wish to delete.
- If the control is on the selected Sim, then a prompt will appear.
- Or else, touch the Switch Selection option located in the top right-hand corner of the menu to control the chosen Sim. Touch the Sim once more.
- From the list of options, select Delete. It will be available to the right-hand side of the Sim’s head.
- In the next prompt, you will be asked if you are sure you wish to remove the selected Sim out of town.
- To abandon the Sim, tap on the green Yes button.
- You have permanently deleted the Sim.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.